“Life beats down and crushes the soul and art reminds you that you have one.”
If you’re looking for ways to cheer up your work area, office, or business invest in some local artwork from local organizations.
Why decorate with local art?
1. Adds uniqueness Instead of going to a retailer that produces artwork that are often pieces generated for mass production, local art purchased straight from the artist are one of a kind.
2. Supports local artist and organizations Not only are you supporting local art, but also you’re showing that you care about important services in your community. Buying from local artists is a great way to show local pride.
3. Amplifies a creative energy Decorating a workplace with drawings, paintings, and sculptures can add inspiration. Let’s face it, your work is reflected by your surroundings. Surround yourself with an atmosphere that will fuel your imaginative process.
4. Starts conversation Artwork tells a story and conveys different emotions depending on who views the work. You never know where a conversation might lead you, and displaying local art from local organizations is a great way to get other people informed about regional art galleries and studios.
5. Adds beauty to your work pace When a work pace is enhanced by artwork, that space is much more aesthetically pleasing than an office lacking artwork. Work associates and guests will feel more relaxed in a polished area, decorated professionally.
Where Do I Find Local Art?
Check out local galleries/studios. Check out organizations that provide services for local artists in Ohio. VSA is The State Organization on Arts and Disability. VSA provides services for artists with developmental disabilities and encourages self-expression through the arts. Visit their website at vsa.org and witness first hand their celebration of local artists and art.